finding truth about jesus in the passion
When we look at the Passion of our Lord, we find numerous characters that are hostile to the Word in the flesh and others that are friendly. As we hear and see the witness of their lives, they lead us back to the cross and the person crucified there – positively identifying him along with the centurion at the cross – as the one and only who “truly was the Son of God." During the half-dozen weeks preceding the week we call “holy” (Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday), we will be challenged to reflect on our own lives and how they reflect whether we know and live in a way that clearly identifies Jesus as the Savior of the world.
1) February 14, 2018 Nicodemus John 3:1-21; 19:39
2) February 21, 2018 Judas Iscariot Matthew 26:6-16; 27:3-10
3) February 28, 2018 Pontius Pilate Matthew 27:11-14, 24-26
4) March 7, 2018 Simon of Cyrene Matthew 27:32; Mark 15:21
5) March 14, 2018 The Thief Matthew 27:38-44; Luke 23:32-43
6) March 21, 2018 Roman Centurion Matthew 27:51-54